- Photo: native camera capabilities. File is saved by default with no compression or bit requantization.
- Angle: touch-draw 2 lines over shockwave; calculate angle with cross product of vectors.
- Mach number: sin (mach-angle) = 1 / mach-number
- iOS: Photo Gallery png
- android: /storage/emulated/0/Pictures/d MMM yyyy HH:mm:ss.png
- iOS - tested on iPad 3 (iOS7) - landscape/portrait mode.
- Android - tested on Samsung Note II phone (Android 4.4.2) - portrait mode.
App Download links
- iOS - XCode Version 5.1.1 (5B1008) with Objective-C
GitHub project: MachWaves_iOS
- Android - Android development tool Build: v22.2.1-833290 - eclipse with java
GitHub project: MachWaves_Android
Compressible-Fluid Dynamics by Philip A. Thompson, 1988, page 243 (eq. 5.2).
Decades ago, I had the privilege of working at NASA Ames Research Center as a co-op student. Below are some images recorded from that extradinary experience.
Above: Visiting world's largest windtunnel, Unitary Plan Wind Tunnel (UPWT) 40 x 80.
Above: Schileren images at HighReynold lab, experimenting with Dr. Brown. (a) parallel ronchi ruling as knife edge (b,c) rotated rulings.